Instagram

Join The Magic!

OUTFITS

alternativecurves | black lips sink ships

April 29, 2015

In keeping with my tradition when I participate in the #alternativecurves blog hop, I’m squeaking this in the nick of time!

This months theme is “black lipstick” now we had this planned months ago and I truly honestly thought I would have purchased myself several black lipsticks to feature for this post, but alas, it has not come to fruition….so I winged it!

I ended up using my black gel eyeliner, which in truth looks like a really awesome matte black lippie.  I’m so happy, it looks great on.  I had hoped to share my thoughts on a few brands, but you know, best laid plans!

margot meanie | alternativecurves margot meanie | #alternativecurves margot meanie | alternativecurves margot meanie | alternativecurves margot meanie | alternativecurves

dress { old } – dress911 | knee socks – cut off opaque tights from f21+ { the weave is thick, so they dont run! } | harness – DIY  | shoes – thrifted

I decided to just have fun with this post and dressed like a modern, alternative flapper…because I will never not want to be a modern alternative flapper! Haha!

I do love participating in these challenges as they as just a great opportunity to play around and just have fun with the whole thing.  In the end, I’ve come up with a look that I would not mind flaunting while out at a burlesque show or some other fun weekend party night!

I think I may be the last person to be entering the hop for this month, but there is still 12 hours left to join!  Please check out what the rest of the babes participating in this months #alternativecurves blog hop or check us out on instagram and always feel free to use the hashtag for a chance to be featured!!

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

Alternative Curves   Black Lipstick

kitty signature

instagram | facebook |  bloglovin’ | tumblr  | pinterest  | twitter | #alternativecurves

alternativecurves | black lips sinks ships // appeared first on margotmeanie.com

Kobi_Jae
    April 29, 2015 at 4:54 pm

MODERN ALTERNTIBE FLAPPER, YOU HAVE MY HEART!!! I love the juxtaposition of the harness and that sweet dress, and holy HECK you’re hair is all kinds of amazing at the moment. 😀 😀 😀 xoxox

glitterinthedirt
    April 29, 2015 at 5:29 pm

I’m loving this! You look divine, Lady!

margotmeanie
      April 30, 2015 at 10:48 am

Aww, thank you ? I had fun with it…though I guess that’s generally how I feel with most posts! Haha

Laura (dusty_rose)
    April 30, 2015 at 3:53 am

Love the outfit! The harness is amazing.

margotmeanie
      April 30, 2015 at 10:46 am

Thank you! It’s my first attempt at making one. I have a bunch of ideas I’d like to make, but I need more supplies!!

quelinestewart
    May 2, 2015 at 7:25 pm

OHHH, I can’t believe you made that harness yourself, it is fan-tab-u-lous! Loving the pearl accessories with this outfit too, the juxtapositioning of the harness, with the light coloured dress and then that rad hair makes it a paradoxically mind bursting array of genres all smooshed together in a effing awesome outfit! <3

margotmeanie
      May 5, 2015 at 11:15 am

Thank you so much!! I have a bunch of design ideas for more harnesses, i just need to stock up on supplies!

Leah
    May 4, 2015 at 2:03 pm

That eyeliner looks rad as lipstick and I love the harness. Meowwwwww!

Kitty Kaos (@kellykaos)
    May 5, 2015 at 5:17 am

So much love for this has a neo 20s vibe going on xx

home style | redecorating my office | Margot Meanie
    June 12, 2015 at 12:55 pm

[…] have seen a small glimpse of my office in some previous outfit shots. The dresser will stay with it’s leg lamp from A Christmas Story along with it’s […]