Instagram

Join The Magic!

GIFT GUIDES

black hearts: a gift guide for anti valentines

February 3, 2015

Valentines day is not every gal’s cuppa tea, and I happen to be one of those gals.

I would never want to deny other V Day lovers out there and will always encourage outward displays of affection and love {hey, I’m not adverse to warm fuzzies!}.  Generally, when I walk down aisles crammed full of every conceivable product and candy packaged in pink or red and variants of hearts, roses and stuffed animals, it kinda makes me gag and maybe giggle a bit at the absurdity of some of the trinkets that are given to express ones undying affection.

So, I have decided to make a few Gift Guides to navigate this time of year.  Even though I’m not a patron of St Valentines Day myself, I would never naysay a well thought out gift.

To kick off this three part series, I’m starting with The Black Hearts gift guide, for the gals that are perhaps a little anti valentines, jaded or just enjoy the darker things…

The Black Hearts a gift guide // margotmeanie.com

{click image to enlarge}

So there you have it, some quirky, if not morbid & a wee bit humorous ways you can gift your gal pal or person of loooove interest.

kitty signature

instagram //  facebook //  bloglovin’ // tumblr  // pinterest  // twitter // #alternativecurves

Joie Fatale
    February 3, 2015 at 10:36 pm

These are perfect! I want everything on this list! Too bad about the chocolates though. But the HP lippies are dreamy!

margotmeanie
      February 3, 2015 at 10:39 pm

Bummer about those chocolates, but something to keep in mind for next year!!

and yeah, the way to my heart is HP anything! hahaha!

Mel
    February 4, 2015 at 5:15 am

Great gift ideas

Laura (dusty_rose)
    February 4, 2015 at 8:13 am

Whoa, those lipsticks are amazing–I want them all!

Leah
    February 4, 2015 at 7:26 pm

I loooove those lipsticks and this post in general. I’m married to the least romantic man in the universe so the hearts and flowers bit isn’t really me. I’d sooner have a bottle of vodka and a bloody good orgasm! 😉

candy hearts: a gift guide for valentines day | Margot Meanie
    February 5, 2015 at 12:26 pm

[…] know I kicked off my Valentines Gift Guides with an anti-Valentines theme.  I slagged the “over the top, cutesy, pink holiday” and really, it may make it […]