Instagram

Join The Magic!

OUTFITS PLUS SIZE SHOPPING

outfit | back to black

February 11, 2015

With Valentines fast approaching it’s awfully hard to not want to rock a romantic outfit.

Although I don’t celebrate the day in the normal sense, that doesn’t mean I still can’t sport a lacy frock if I want to!

margot meanie // plus size, alternative stylemargot meanie // plus size, alternative style

I picked up this dress from f21 while I was in Las Vegas last winter.  It’s kind of a perfect date night or party dress with it’s tulle skirt and lacy bodice.  I’ve seen them bring it back twice now, once in a beautiful shade of oxblood, so I’d keep an eye out for it as you never know, it may make yet another return and I highly recommend it.

For once, the fit is dead on.  No squished boobs, no hugely gaping armholes, no waistband coming across the bust line because there is not adequate fabric to cover the ladies!  It was definitely a a glorious moment being able to try something on in store and know it was coming home with me!

margot meanie // plus size, alternative style

dress – f21+ last winter, earrings – Betsey Johnson, Hat – f21,  jacket – New Look via ASOS

So I did something tricky here and added a “strap” to my clutch by putting a beaded necklace under the flap! I thought I was being pretty clever!

You can also see, the black hair is gone.  This is a brief stop over in the land of auburn, I’ll give it a month and then I’ll be hitting the bleach bottle up again in an attempt to get it light enough to attempt grey, but I need to get all traces of red out to realise that dream first!

I’ve gone around online and found some similar styles & some personal favs of romantic little black dresses for you to shop at your own leisure, as little black dresses always come in handy, regardless of the date…

little black dresses in plus sizes // margotmeanie.com

top row:

second row:

third row:

kitty signature

instagram //  facebook //  bloglovin’ // tumblr  // pinterest  // twitter // #alternativecurves

back to black // appeared first on margotmeanie.com

this weeks song title was Amy Winehouse, as you can see my black hair is gone, but not my love for black..

Mel
    February 11, 2015 at 6:17 pm

Pretty dress! You look fabulous

margotmeanie
      February 11, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Thank you! You always have such kind words! <3

glitterinthedirt
    February 12, 2015 at 11:57 am

You are the lovliest! F21+ has THE BEST fit! In fact, the fit is so good, it overides my hippie/socially conscientious side that screams at me to buy local, buy handmade, buy used, etc….sometimes, a girl just needs a great dress and you totallly have one here!

margotmeanie
      February 12, 2015 at 12:29 pm

f21 is such a guilty pleasure for me. I know they are not ethical, but dammit, we need fat girl cheap options too!

I often have issue with their fit over the gals. Since I’m so busty, I find normal waistlines become empire pretty quickly!

I’ll actually be doing a closet sale soon. One of the dresses is SO cute, but it’s never fit the girls, all the bust seaming and waist lines are all wrong for me.

Thank you so much! <3 <3

My curves and curls
    February 14, 2015 at 11:24 pm

You look Adorable Margot. I also love the options.

Kobi_Jae
    February 23, 2015 at 11:14 pm

You look beautiful, and oh so many gorgeous LBD’s! I’m surprised it’s warm enough there to wear this dress, actually!

x

margotmeanie
      February 24, 2015 at 12:05 am

It’s been SO FRICKIN WARM!!! It’s practically spring here, flowers are coming up and blossoms are about to burst open!! it was 15 Celsius today. I do hope you get the chance to visit Vancouver at some point, it is so ultra lovely, our weather is so mild and out of step for Canada. I love it here for so many reasons.

Thank you so much!! <3

Natalie
    February 28, 2015 at 10:17 pm

That dress is gorgeous! I wish forever21’s shipping wasn’t crazy expencive. Yay for grey hair! I’ve been considering it, but I’m thinking of going rainbow first!

Zadry | Curves a la Mode
    March 18, 2015 at 1:47 pm

You look gorgeous! And I’m crushing on that “Layered Lover dress” — so pretty!