Instagram

Join The Magic!

OUTFITS Weekly Treats

twenty fourteen: a love letter…of sorts

January 5, 2015

Dear 2014,

You were an interesting year, though that can be said about all years, I suppose.  when you were kind, you were exceedingly kind and when you were cruel you really hit me where it hurt.

But overall, you pushed me.  Sometimes I struggled, but I think, mostly I flourished and I thank you for what I have learned.

I saw a big change in my professional life, which is still resolving itself.  As sad as I was about losing that part of my identity, {working within the body mod “industry”}, which was a big blow, it forced me away from my comfortable rut.  I wasn’t going anywhere with it, just remaining stagnant, only increasingly bitter with ownership and their lack of care.  With them closing up shop, it made me look at who I was and who I wanted to be and how I want to be living my life.  I’m still working on it, but I’m getting there and happier.

Knowing I have a partner that’s always got my back and wants me to flourish as I figure it all out is something I could not be more grateful for.  Mister Meanie, you are my rock and the bees knees!

I lost someone close to me, and that was the deepest cut.  That one just leaves a scar.  Though I think it might still be an open wound.

But on the flip side, I have friends who are regaining their health after fight tooth & claw, which is wonderful and I am so happy to see them continue on to their new, different and promising lives.

2014, you blessed me with this blog.  When I started this thing September of last year {well, September 2013 as I’m late with this post}, I was not entirely sure where it would take me.

What I didn’t realise was I was strapping on wings.

I have made friends globally and I have gotten over a lot of my shyness {well in cyber land at least, let’s hope that transfers over to in person as well} I started off as a lurker, peepin’ and creepin’ on blogs and bloggers I admired.  After a while I started to make comments here and there and with opening up, I found many kindred spirits.

The people I have met this year have inspired me, supported me and become my colleagues as well as friends.  They have spurred me on to do bigger and better things.  I am so happy to have gotten to know you all.

Overall, 2014, you took  me out of my comfort zone.  And I am so thankful for that. I had many successes linked to this blog, most of which I outlined in my 1st year blogiversay post, but projects, events and features galore happened this year and it was fantastic! I took fashion risks I wouldn’t have done in 2013 and I don’t really regret any of them! I hope to continue this well into the future.

My hopes and goals for 2015 are to keep putting myself out there.  I want to continue to push forward, I want to refine myself.  I want to refine my blog {I have a lot of ‘housekeeping’  I’d like to implement as well as finally make the switch to wordpress.org.}  I want to take some classes.  I want to start my duolingo french lessons again, I was getting pretty good.  {if you are interested in learning a new language, I strongly suggest duolingo, it’s a free app and helps with speaking, reading and writing in new languages.} I want to learn and do and create.

So goodbye, 2014.  You have changed me, I’m looking forward to how I can change 2015. I leave you with some of my favourite looks from the past year and some of the bloggers who have become dear to me!

Happy New Year you lovely beasts!

margot meanie //canadian plus size style blogger // 2014 recapmargot meanie //canadian plus size style blogger // 2014 recapmargot meanie //canadian plus size style blogger // 2014 recap

some bloggers, in no particular order, that made 2014 extra special:

{click image and a new window will open to the link}

michelle glitter in the dirt aarti curves become her vanessa sweetleigh zadry curves a la mode

alex not afriad to wear heels curvily cynthia flight of the fat girl hanna wewars

horror kitsch bitch isabel dressing outside the box just biffi  kate london james

Mariko gamerwife  Miss Fatbulous Plus Size Blog mrs bebenatty nikki

slade vegas stephanie faiiint The Leather Fanny Pack s photos   The Leather Fanny Packthis is meagar kerr

assa curves and curls emerald how to be dope  weesha worldXL as life

chubble bubble domino dollhouse Pia mixed fat chick Katana Fatalestine fatshion peepshow

I could go on and on and on and on with the lovely people I have met this year, but this group was especially impactful. ♥

kitty signature

instagram | facebook |  bloglovin’ | tumblr  | pinterest  | twitter | #alternativecurves

twenty fourteen: a love letter…of sorts // appeared first on margotmeanie.com

FlightOfTheFatGirl (Cynthia)
    January 5, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Ok, where do I start!? First of all, you’ve got legs that won’t quit! Hotness!!! Secondly, your pastel hair looks like candy, and I’m obsessed with it!!! Third, each and every one of these looks is flawless! You have such a unique style! Last of all, thank you so much for the shout out! It is truly, so, so appreciated!!! <3

Mel
    January 5, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Awesome post! Love the pictures and the roundup of bloggers

Zadry | Curves a la Mode
    January 5, 2015 at 7:51 pm

You are so effing fabulous Marg! I’m so happy 2014 brought us together <3, I hope 2015 is mind blowing for ALL of us.

Sue Carballo
    January 6, 2015 at 6:43 am

What a lovely post, please keep blogging in 2015!

Sue, a fan from London x

margotmeanie
      January 6, 2015 at 11:33 am

Thank you so much! And thank you for following me, Sue! <3

NattyNikki (@gamergirl0621)
    January 6, 2015 at 10:54 am

Thank you so much for including me in the blogger round up I am truly honoured. I hope 2015 is good to you and I can’t wait to see some more awesome outfits from you. Thank goodness for blogging as it brought us together! xx

margotmeanie
      January 6, 2015 at 2:42 pm

It’s been wonderful getting to know you! Blogging is such a wonderful and mysterious outlet, it brings so many people together, its just wonderful!

Happy 2015, I can’t wait to see more from you as well!

Kobi_Jae
    January 6, 2015 at 1:01 pm

You gorgeous lady! It still surprises me that you consider yourself shy in person… you have such a big (albeit: calm) personality online! I canny wait to meet you and give you hugs!

This piece was gorgeously written. I choked up a bit with the line “What I didn’t realise was I was strapping on wings.” – that’s exactly how I feel.

Style wise, I adored seeing your outfits side by side: you have such a dark, chic, a tad glamorous, and always interesting look that continually inspires me. I’m so glad we found each other in 2014 🙂 x

margotmeanie
      January 6, 2015 at 2:40 pm

Thank you so much! Meeting you this year has been wonderful and motivating! I’m so happy to call you a friend!

Angela Melgaard
    January 6, 2015 at 1:59 pm

Happy 2015 to you! I love your blog and your overall positivity. It’s most excellent! 🙂

margotmeanie
      January 6, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Thank you so much!! and Thank you for stopping by!! <3 <3 <3

sweetvanessaleigh
    January 6, 2015 at 6:19 pm

So gorgeous Lovely! To a beautiful 2015! I am happy to have met YOU and excited to get to know more about you beautiful Margot! A gorgeous share! <3

thisismeagankerr
    January 6, 2015 at 8:06 pm

I’m so glad to have found you in 2014, I think you’re pretty darn fabulous and one day we will spend time together and the world will implode because of our collective awesomeness. Thank you so much for including me in this post, I feel very blessed to be one of your blogging colleagues xo

margotmeanie
      January 6, 2015 at 8:16 pm

I would very much enjoy imploding the earth with our combined aawesomeness!

quelinestewart
    January 6, 2015 at 9:24 pm

I love your resolutions for this year, and be able to look back over all your rad outfits. x

margotmeanie
      January 7, 2015 at 11:59 am

Thank you so much, lovely!! It is cool seeing everything side by side!
      ?

Becky Barnes
    January 23, 2015 at 5:10 am

I am just catching up on loads of blog reading. Thank you so much for including me, your support means the world to me, I love all your comments on the blog. Your style is so beautiful and unique, you are one super babely cool chick <3 <3 <3 (Mrs BeBe) X x x

I Choose Happy | Curves à la Mode
    May 31, 2015 at 7:23 pm

[…] MARGOT | Margot Meanie : Does it come in black? […]

Niesha Goodwin
    June 11, 2017 at 3:16 pm

Hello Margot! I just discovered you and your wonderful style TODAY!! and I’m absolutely SIKED!!! I THINK YOU’VE SO PERFECTLY NAILED MY FASHION SENSE! I’m so inspired and excited!! I’ve been dealing with quite a bit here lately and discovering your page on Pintrest made my day. Before I forget, do you recall where you got the 3rd black dress at to of your photo’s? I simply MUST HAVE IT! ☺
    M’s Meanie, you have another loyal follower.