Instagram

Join The Magic!

OUTFITS Weekly Treats

my wedding was a circus

August 13, 2014

the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com

If you follow me on instagram, then you know I was celebrating ten years together with my partner this past Thursday!!  It’s crazy to think a whole blissful decade has passed since we first got together!!  We have shared in so many adventures, triumphs, hardships and joys.

I also gave the heads up that our wedding anniversary was not even a week later. Four years ago today, on a very hot afternoon on Friday the 13th in East Vancouver, I married my favourite person on the planet.

We had a blast of a wedding, as we had a full out rock n roll, carnival wedding!  We were decked out in vintage carnival games, hand painted photo cutouts and a home built photo booth!

The day was a huge success due to weeks & weeks of DIY work by both ourselves, family and close friends, which we will eternally be grateful for! Everything from the massive props and signs, to the candy apple bouquet, to my dress & dessert table was the result of hard work from amazing people I’m honoured to know & love.

It was a wonderful day, surrounded by so many of our favourite people, partying it up and celebrating love.

I hope you enjoy these photos, most were taken by a photographer friend, Fatal Pixels.

the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.comthe meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.comthe meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.comthe meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.comthe meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.comthe meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.comthe meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com   the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com   the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.comthe meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.comthe meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.comthe meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com the meanies // alternative circus wedding  // margotmeanie.com

I’ll be taking the rest of this week off from blogging, but I’ll be updating instagram for sure and we’ll probably both be on pinterest our fair share, you can check me out on pinterest here, and Mister Meanie here! { isn’t it great he took my last name 😉  }

kitty signature

instagram // twitter //  facebook //  bloglovin’  // pinterest  // tumblr

// my wedding was circus // appeared first on margotmeanie.com

Joie Fatale
    August 13, 2014 at 1:11 pm

AWESOME!!! I love the theme and you both look fantastic!!!
    Congrats on the decade mark, and many happy more years to you both!

Mom
    August 13, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Happy Anniversary you two this was a wonderful day. Can’t believe it was 4 years ago already. Love and Hugs Mom

Kobi_Jae
    August 13, 2014 at 3:25 pm

What a fantastic theme! Your wedding looks like so much fun and full of personality!! Enjoy your half-week off together xx

margotmeanie
      August 17, 2014 at 5:04 pm

It was a blast!! And i’m feeling refreshed bloggy wise and am looking forward to some new posts!

gamerwife
    August 13, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Happy Anniversary! Your wedding looks like so much fun and you looked amazing. Those shoes are killer. Also love the rings.

margotmeanie
      August 17, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Thank you!! It was a blast! I love those shoes, but they’re next to impossible to walk in, so I bought the matching flats for the night as well!

Natalie
    August 14, 2014 at 2:35 am

Aww! CONGRATS! Your wedding looked super fun and I love your dress & hair! I think if I was to ever get married it would certainly be very quirky!

margotmeanie
      August 15, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Thank you! It’s easy more fun to do quirky than serious!

Ciaa
    August 15, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Happy Anniversary luv !!! Enjoy your time off from blogging

Kitsch Cait
    August 19, 2014 at 5:30 am

What an awesome theme! Your wedding looks like it was so much fun! Happy (belated) anniversary!

Fatinthecity
    August 24, 2014 at 8:34 am

Happy Belated Anniversary! Those shoes are everything I am seriously in love.
    Love this theme, Jill and I are just starting to plan our wedding and these pics are inspiring.
    Congrats again were 9 years:) And your hair and dress GORGEOUS!

margotmeanie
      August 25, 2014 at 11:55 am

Thank you so much!! I hope you blog photos of your wedding once it comes around!! I’d love to see!!

And congrats on 9 years! time flies, eh?

Raissa | The Leather Fanny Pack
    August 28, 2014 at 6:32 pm

!!!! Holy smokes, your wedding was incredible! That is like, a dream wedding right there. Especially the shoes!

On a similar subject, if you ever visit San Francisco be sure to check out the restaurant Straw! They do gourmet carnival food and it’s really delicious. They have this burger that is just two glaze donuts with a patty in between, nothing else.

margotmeanie
      August 28, 2014 at 6:44 pm

That sounds divine!!! I should be going to San Francisco within the next year!!